Saturday, January 16, 2010

Zen Dens - Yoga Retreats from Conde Nast

concierge.com assembled a roster of wellness retreats you can check out here. Compiled in 2006, it's still interesting.

This place, Parrot Cay's Shambhala Retreat, is where I've been twice for yoga retreats. Once with Cyndi Lee of Om Yoga and once with Donna Farhi, both in 2002.

If you just want to check out the resort, click here.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

Here is Zen Den's review and recommendation on Parrot Cay.
This is the spot for well-heeled yogis whose idea of Zen minimalism doesn't extend to thread counts and evening meals...Turks + Caicos has snow-white sand and turquoise coves, and the rooms are unfussy but gorgeous, all teak and white cotton....Dive or snorkel in the most pristine waters and healthiest reefs of the Caribbean region.
The reefs may be the healthiest. I can't say for sure but I do know they are clear and pure and beautiful. I came away healthier than I'd been in a very long time.

No comments: