Saturday, October 15, 2011

Does the Popularity of Yoga Cause Something to Be Lost?

Oh, I just love Gary Kraftsow.   He founded and runs the American Viniyoga Institute.  I have all of his books and did a full day of study with him years ago.  He really knows his stuff and is one of the top two yoga therapists in the country.  (Bo Forbes is the other).   If I could, I would be pursuing this course of study furiously.

The founder of Yoga Modern, David Sunshine, interviewed Gary Kraftsow on how yoga has expanded through the United States, what it's popularity means, and what is happening - and he specifically talks about the deeper, inward teachings of yoga.

It's a short video, but in my view he captures well what is really going on.  And I am most excited by the attention of the medical community on yoga's benefits, because yoga has so very much helped me medically.

here is the video:


No comments: