Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Healthy Chocolate Mousse!


When I was a little girl, I liked chocolate mousse so much that once a New York City restaurant owner presented me with the entire serving bowl.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

Rebecca Mohning MS, RD, LD of Expert Nutrition offers a healthy spin on that classic holiday treat - using natural sweeteners.  I've been working with Rebecca to help me manage my medical condition, and I can recommend her services and her chocolate mousse.  

Chocolate Tofu Mousse
Ingredients:
    1 package of silken tofu (16oz)
    10 oz chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
    3 tablespoons maple syrup or aguave nectar
    3-4 TB soy milk or to appropriate consistency
    optional: graham cracker crust

Directions:
Blend tofu in food processor (or blender) just until smooth.  Melt chips over double boiler.  Add maple syrup to melted chocolate and combine.  Put chocolate & syrup blend into processor and mix with tofu until creamy.  Optional: put into a graham cracker crust.  Chill.  Top with fruit.

Serves: 6

Enjoy!

No comments: