Saturday, February 11, 2012

Plans For Valentine's Day?

Have no plans for Valentine's Day?   Here are some good suggestions from a family therapist Joe Elliott, via Elephant Journal - 10 Things to do for Yourself on Valentines Day. Excellent ideas, all.

Elliott concludes:
Don’t forget that the most complex and important relationship that we have is with ourselves and that we must remain true to ourselves in order to feel whole and complete about our lives.
I am also thinking of Whitney Houston this morning, with deep sadness.  One of her most popular songs Greatest Love of All is really a ballad about self love ---- 

I believe the children are our future 
Teach them well and let them lead the way 
Show them all the beauty they possess inside 
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier 
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be 
Everybody searching for a hero 
People need someone to look up to  
I never found anyone to fulfill my needs 
A lonely place to be 
So I learned to depend on me 
...... 
And if by chance, that special place 
That you've been dreaming of  
Leads you to a lonely place 
Find your strength in love.

 So I wish for you this Valentine's Day lots of love, of all kinds.

No comments: